The Star of Kings, London
Friday, 25 May
£7.50 - £10.00
All the advanced tickets for this event have now been sold. There will be a handful on the door (plus returns), to be sold on a first come, first served basis.
*****Towel Day is an annual celebration on the 25th of May, as a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams (1952-2001). On that day, fans around the universe carry a towel in his honour.*****
We're Belgium well doing it again!
Comics, Hitch-Hiker fans, poets and Vogons unite for the second annual Stand Up for Towel Day on H2G2's 40th anniversary year!
Carry your towel all day on International #towelday, May 25th, then stroll down to the Star of Kings, 5 minutes from Kings Cross, for a celebration of all things Hitch-hiker, in memory of Douglas Adams.
Share and enjoy:
- Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters! Last year we were given a special recipe by Andy Mil of The Cocktail Trading Co., they really are the best in the Galaxy.
- Vogon poetry anti-slam hosted by 'Poentry' poet, Samantha Baines
- More 'investigative journalism' by Science Showoff's Steve X Cross
- The Story Beast with another fantastic take on the H2G2 'trilogy' (‘One of the wonders of the Fringe.’ ★★★★★ Mirror ‘A thing of wonder.’ ★★★★ Fest ‘White hot brilliance’ ★★★★ Time Out)
- Q&A with award winning audio director, producer & writer, Dirk Maggs* and the closest thing on Earth to Ford Prefect: Geoff McGivern*, hosted by Kevin Jon Davies
- More sets written especially for the night by Angus Dunican Cary Boots Michael Conterio and Paul Duncan McGarrity
- Prizes for the best costumes! If in doubt, simply wear a dressing gown or bring a towel!
All proceeds to Save the Rhino
Join us for a glorious evening of comedy, conservation, and the effects of having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.
Over 18s only, line up subject to change, no strags.
Stand Up for Towel Day 2018 is brought to you by Rachel Wheeley and a team of comedians who are also H2G2 fans.
Doors open at 7pm
Nearest tube is Kings Cross
To contact the organiser with questions about the event, email [email protected]
No need to bring your printed ticket to the event, we will have a list of guests on the door
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
The Star of Kings